Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Titus2 Tea - Week 1

I wanted to blog about my new study.  We started last Thursday, and there were five of us. 

Titus 2:4-5 - 4and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled,  pure,  working at home, kind, and  submissive to their own husbands,  that the word of God may not be reviled.

Crossway Bibles (2011-02-09). The Holy Bible, English Standard Version (with Cross-References) (Kindle Locations 193096-193101). Good News Publishers/Crossway Books. Kindle Edition.   My goal is for us to help each other as we seek to be more disciplined with our home-making.  I truly believe that we can all grow in this area.    So this week we started out with our notebooks and some pages. 
A binder with a clear cover and the pages
First we started out talking about our notebooks - my dh thinks they're outdated.  People have computers and iPads and all kinds of other stuff to keep track of their plans.  For me, nothing has worked better, though I am not faithful with it like I would love to be.    Next we put our tabs in place.
  • Goals and Schedules,
  • FLYLady
  • Meals
  • Personal
  • Household
  • Budgets
  • Organizing
Then we decorated our binder.  It was time for chatting and keeping up with how and where everyone is at.  We also talked some about why the binder.  For me, I call it "The Brain".  It helps me keep track of when the last appointments at the dentist were, or when we last paid the car insurance.  For some, who may not have as much to remember, it can be helpful in case of an emergency.  If someone had to step in and help run your home for awhile, how would they do it?  My kids would be a good resource but they don't know all the ins and outs of running this home.

Pretty scrapbooking paper made for a fun time of picking out what we liked and putting it in the clear pocket as a cover for our binder.  Pretty makes me want to use it more, so it's not only fun but helpful.


A look inside
Finally we talked about a mission statement - something that will help us stay on track.  We can refer back to a mission statement to see if a certain project or task will fit within our parameters.  It's not to say that we can't do something if it's outside our mission statement, but our mission statement should help us evaluate things.  We can make goals based on our mission statement.  The assignment was to discuss with dh what the mission statement for the family and bring it back next week.

Some of the pages we will be using:
A schedule of activities and topics
A year's worth of two-month calendars for an overview of the year
Weekly routines
For us stay-at-home moms, a daily routine sheet to help us stay on track

A cleaning schedule for quick reference
These were the pages I gave them to help them get started.  As I told them, these are just my ideas, not everyone will need everything that I use.  Each one should take what they can use and use it and whatever doesn't work for them, discard.

No comments:

Post a Comment