Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Repurpose-ing frames

The frame
I liked this frame but the picture - not so much.  It's been sitting in our basement for awhile.  I've been wondering what to do with it.  The fear was that it was a valuable painting.  Well, while I was checking I ripped it.  I really don't think it was valuable. And I am not going to do anymore searching to find out, lest I break down in tears.

I've been trying to figure out what I would like to do with this frame and a few others I found in the basement today. 

One will be for a verse, one is for some recipe cards from my grandma and one is for a recipe card from Mom to hang in the kitchen.  But this big one is for some organization in my kitchen. 

I found some cardboard to back my picture because I couldn't figure out how to do it any other way. 

I set up my pages (some scrapbooking paper left over from Titus 2 Tea stuff) and then flipped it onto the glass and set it up.  It didn't work as smoothly as all that.  I had to remove the cardboard from the pages and tape them together from the back.  They were getting all crinkly otherwise. 
Now you can see how it looks on the wall.  It's actually a bit big for the wall, but I need it there so I can use it.
Not sure if you can see it, but the upper calendar is for school, and the lower calendar is for breakfasts to replace the one I don't like on the fridge.  We can write on the glass with dry-erase marker and then change it for the next month when we're done.

I love the beach theme this year.

Update:
With the blocks filled in now
I found out that I don't have to use dry-erase.  I can use permanent marker on the glass and then use nail polish remover to take it off.  I was a bit worried about using dry-erase.  A whole month's worth of stuff erased would be bad.  You can't erase with anything but acetone.
I have the school calendar

To Do List for the month - this shows today's list
Breakfast menu

This works well for us right now.
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment