Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Titus2 Tea - Goals - Week 2

Last night, we got together to talk about our mission statement, priorities and goals. 

Last week, I gave the assignment of making a mission statement, with some input from our husbands.  But as the week went on, I couldn't come up with one for me.  So I did some research on-line.  It shed a bit more light on the whole thing.

I knew what I wanted but didn't know how to write my own.  A mission statement is something that declares what you and your family are doing.  It will help you as you choose goals, or when someone asks for some help.  It will help you eliminate things automatically. 

The mission statement goes in the front of your folder - that way you can see it every time you open it up.

My mission statement

My mission is to glorify God:
• as a wife, serving my husband

• as a mother, caring for my children

• as a teacher, ensuring that lessons are done

• as a babysitter, making sure that babies are well-cared for

• as a friend, listening with a heart to help

I want to be passionate about pursuing God in my life and not stuck in a “rut”.

Colossians 3:23-24 “23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, 24knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.”
Crossway Bibles (2011-02-09). The Holy Bible, English Standard Version (with Cross-References) (Kindle Locations 190091-190096). Good News Publishers/Crossway Books. Kindle Edition.

Next we talked about priorities and two ways to look at things.

The first example is a list of priorities.  With God as #1 and working your way down the list.  So, for example, if your child needs you and a friend needs you, you would prioritize your child.

The second example is my wheel of priorities, because I also like to remember that God is the center and our relationships must start with Him in mind.  As we devote ourselves to prayer, we can discern which priority should be first at the moment.  Obviously, we follow our husbands leading, so there are some things that are clearly defined in Scripture.

I believe that no ONE analogy works in every aspect.  So I like to view priorities with both of these examples in mind.  The one reminds me of the order of my priorities and the second reminds me of the flexibility of that order.

Based on our mission statement, the assignment for next week is to work on some goals.  One of mine is to finish my recipe cards and menu board project; another - to finish painting the fence on the back porch.  For now, though, I am going to put my husband first and help my children haul wood to the basement and stack it outside because it is something that he would like to see done.   Exercise will be checked off my list today!  Woohoo!

Making the most of today,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment