We are the home masters as I learned in church this past Sunday. Masters of the home - I kind of like how it sounds but I don't really live it. Obviously, I am not talking about ruling over my husband, but being a manager of the home - someone who makes sure that everything is running smoothly.
In Proverbs 31: 3
Do not give your strength to women, your ways to those who destroy kings. Crossway Bibles (2011-02-09). The Holy Bible, English Standard Version (with Cross-References) (Kindle Locations 95655-95659). Good News Publishers/Crossway Books. Kindle Edition.
A friend's Bible had a footnote that said the last part means not to neglect the affairs of state.
Do we neglect the affairs of our "state", because of the computer or things that are hobbies or passions of ours? Are our first priorities (to our husband and to our children) still first? Or have they become second to the things we want to do?
I have been challenged by a thought from a book by Darlene Schacht, The Good Wife. She says that we can have all the schedules and routines we want but without self-sacrifice we are just trying to fit everything in with all our other stuff - it just won't work. When discipline is working with self-sacrifice, then we can be the moms we need to be - the moms that glorify God.
I don't know about you, but I understand that - I just don't like it too much.
So with that in mind we looked at some of the pages that I passed out at the first session.
The Weekly Page
The Daily Page
- 5:30-6:30 Breakfast
- 6:30-8:00 Help kids get ready for school, do chores, clean rooms etc.
- 8:00 Schoolkids need to be in the van and ready to go, baby A and other pre-schoolers may stay home with the older boys or ride along. Drop kids off at church, pick up Little Miss where her mom works and return home. Mondays - Waterman needs to be taken to piano at 8:30, so he needs to come along
- 8:30-12:00 Kids work on school. Little Miss and Baby A need breakfast. Babies nap around 9:30 (usually they go down when they're starting to fuss), Baby A usually is up around 10:30 and Little Miss wakes up at 11:00 and has lunch.
- 12:00 - 3:00 Little Miss is ready for a nap around 12:30 or 1:00 and Baby A goes down around 1:00
- 3:00-5:00 Little Miss needs to be woken from her nap and have a bottle. She goes along to pick up the kids at 3:30 (Fridays it's 2:00). She will be picked up at 4:00, the other two are picked up at 5:00. Prepare supper
- 5:00-6:00 Finish supper prep. Clean up house.
- 6:00-9:00 Supper, clean-up, baths and bed
Making the most of today,