Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 24 - De-clutter the master dressers

Our dressers were the job for today, but I had a few minutes yesterday and did it then.  These drawers take a little more time.  I don't really sort stuff out of my drawers on a regular basis, like I do out of my closet.

But about a half hour later, I was finished.  I found plenty more than 10 things to get rid of which makes me happy.  

I thought I'd take a few minutes to go over again why I'm doing this. 

One of the biggest comes from Titus 2 - women are to be managers of their home.  Big piles of junk all over the house means I'm not managing the house (there may be short periods of time where it looks that way, but I mean as a general rule).

Col 3:23 Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, - I want to serve the Lord and be passionate about it.  So if it seems like that's all I can talk about, that's why.  I am to be first a wife and then a mom and then a friend.  So it's on my heart super heavy these days and I want to do it well. 

1Co 14:40  But all things must be done properly and in an orderly manner.  Let me just remind you that this verse has to do with when we assemble together as believers and how things should be done.  But I do believe that God likes order because that's how He made the world.  If things are orderly at home, then I probably won't be spending money on things I already have that I couldn't find. 

Those are just a few reasons why I do this.  And believe me, I can get so caught up in my own little world of what I want to do, that I forget all about these things.  That's why I have to study about it and work on it on a daily basis, and because of that studying then it pours from my heart to my mouth and I hope it edifies some of you and encourages you.

Making the most of today by passionately pursuing God,
Steph




No comments:

Post a Comment