Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Titus 2 Tea - FLYLady - Week 2

Titus 2 Tea - FLYLady - Week 2

The place I found all this information was www.flylady.net .  Please go there to find more information on all these topics.

Discussion Topics

 
• Establish a morning routine
 
  • • Make bed
  • • Laundry 
  • • Swish and Swipe
  • • Timer – 15 min job and 15 min break
  • • Mail
 The swish and swipe routine in picture.

The equipment
 Areas to work on:
The mirror

The sink

The toilet


The floor around the toilet and any other spots on the floor.


First, spray the mirror with window cleaner
then the all the other surfaces with a multi-purpose cleaner
and put shampoo or toilet cleaner in the toilet.

Change the trash bag
Leave some bags from your shopping in the bottom. 
It makes changing the trash easier and your trash can does not have to leave the room
Can you tell this might be a problem here?
Sometimes the trash can does not come back.

Choose your weapon wisely. 
The washcloth on top will wipe your mirror clean without much fuzz, if any
The washcloth on the bottom will leave all sorts of fuzz.
You don't have to use paper towel on the mirror, unless you want to.
 I find it easier to wipe the mirror with the washcloth, and then continue to use it on the sink, then the toilet, then the floor.  Then, it goes into the laundry basket


Last swish out the toilet, and let your helper flush.
Our children at the pre-school age, especially, love to help.  But they don't want to be sent off to do a chore.  They want to do it with you, most times.  And that, really, is the best way.  You can work alongside of them and help them.  It helps them learn how to do the chores and we can be consistent in teaching them how to do them.

Making the most of today,
Steph

3 comments:

  1. I usually do this on a regular basis, too. I have switched to natural, homemade cleaners, which has saved me a lot of money. For toilets I sprinkle with 1/4-1/2 cup baking soda followed by 1/2 cup white vinegar. (I buy a huge bag of soda at Sams for a few dollars and it has lasted months!) Let it foam while you clean the sink and around the toilet, and them scrub and flush. I have an all purpose cleaner made with liquid soap and borax which works as well as any store bought brands. I can make a gallon of it for less than a dollar and it works on all surfaces but wood and glass. For glass I just have a lint free cloth that I use damp. No more expensive windex. Although I do have a natural glass cleaner that is also very inexpensive to make, but I only use it if the glass is especially dirty. The recipes can all can be whipped up in a few minutes and none of them have weird ingredients. You probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen already. Let me know if you want the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I sure do. I still have a bunch of toilet cleaner. Bought a box when I was at Sam's. :( But I like the baking soda/vinegar method. And what kind of liquid soap do you use with the borax - hand cleaner??? Last question where do you get the lint-free cloth?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use castile soap because it is natural, but I think any liquid soap would work. Castile soap is expensive, but you use so little a quart has lasted me all year and I still have about 1/4 of the bottle left. I bought the soap and the lint free cloth locally, but I am not sure if your Walmart would have them since you live in a small town. Otherwise Amazon is a good place to look for some cheap. I got mine in a 2 pack for $5.00. It only needs rinsed out with hot water. I will FB message you the recipes.

    ReplyDelete