Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 19 - Kids Room #1

I have three bedrooms of kids to do. So instead of two days of kid's dressers and two days of kids' closets, I thought I would do one bedroom each day and then work on something else kid-wise the fourth day.  Here's why.
a messy room

closet needs work too
can you tell? the shoes are unorganized as well.

unmade beds
I had a lot of work to do, in this room.  A lot.  I haven't wanted to tackle this room because this is how it looks.  I usually give the kids time to clean their room each school morning, but obviously they haven't been doing it.  Enter, mommy power!!!!

A daunting task, but the way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time, so....

Start with a made bed - now you have a work surface!
Then sort the clothes according to kind, i.e. long-sleeved shirts, short-sleeved shirts etc.
Next do the other boy's stuff, the same way
Put away the toys and shoes etc.  Throw away all the trash they've accumulated.  Pick up hangars and dirty clothes.  Sort out the shorts and stained clothes.  Shorts go in their tote for next summer, stained clothes go in the box for rags Dad needs.
All the stuff went on my bed for the moment
But we worked at that right away.
And now even my bed is cleaned off
Clothes to sort through - what is for the thrift store and what is to be made into rags.
My two helpers, I think I caught one off guard
A clean room!!!! A what bliss - now they can find everything they couldn't before and get it all out again!!! AAAghh!
It took me about an hour to clean their room, it was almost all finished before the older one had to leave for school.  I came home after dropping him and his sisters off and finished up the last few things.  Now to hang their pictures and their curtains. Someday they will leave them alone and they'll stay up, but that's for a different day. :)

Making the most of it
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment