Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Titus 2 Tea - Personal - Hobbies

Finally this month we'll talk about hobbies.  What are some things that you enjoy doing?  How do you find time to do it, or do you? 

I suggest that it may be a good idea to find 15 minutes a day that you can do something that relaxes you, and maybe you'll find time to fit it in other places as well.

I've been continuing to work on my block for quilt guild.  I enjoy hand piecing my blocks.  I can take them with me, though that is pointless at this time of my life, as I have little children to keep track of in the waiting room.  But I have found that I can enjoy a movie while I hand piece.  I don't quite get into the movie as well, but that doesn't bother me.

You may know that I've been working on "Grandpa's Home" for a few years now.  It's coming along.  I'm on my third block, but I took a break to work on the log cabin block. 
This is the first two blocks.
This is an overview of the field behind Grandpa's house, the pine trees are the dark colors, the lighter green is the grass, and the red is a maple tree in his back yard. 
Third block - unfinished.
I still have five more rows to go before this one is finished.  I am not sure how I'll get the view to pop once I'm finished.  Will quilting the blocks be enough or will it need more?  I don't know.  But I will have fun researching that step.  And I have plenty of time.  It's taken me four years to get this far, and I have three more blocks to go. 

In reality I could finish one block in a weekend, but I usually don't take the time to just sit and do this.  If I did 15 minutes on it  5 days a week.  I would have a block done in 2 1/2 weeks, or less. 

For those of us who continue to repeat the same tasks over and over, it's nice to have something that we won't be doing over, but we'll have a finished project. 

What are your favorite things to do?  Do you have time?  Maybe this is a season where you don't.  Don't give up, there will come a time.

Making the most of today,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment