Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bible Study - Esther

Esther 4:13-16
13 Then Mordecai told them to reply to Esther, “Do not think to yourself that in the king’s palace you will escape any more than all the other Jews.


14 For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”

15 Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai,

16 “Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my young women will also fast as you do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish.”

I've been thinking a lot about these verses the past week or two.  Verse 14 stood out to me.  Here Mordecai is in sackcloth and ashes and yet he knows, it seems, that God will not allow His people to be destroyed.  He knows that if Esther chooses not to go, God will use someone else.

So Esther can go in and death may be a possibility, or not go in and death will be a reality.  And Esther realizes the truth. 

What are the things that God has called you to do?  If not done by you, someone else will do it and will recieve the blessing.  I think of this much in regards to witnessing.  If you aren't going out and talking to your friend, could it be that God would allow someone else the rich blessing of winning that soul to Him? 

My mission today is to raise up godly men and women in my home and give my older three a good education.  That is my mission for today.  I'm afraid it doesn't feel like, I'm helping them become more godly as I get frustrated with their attitudes and naughtiness.  So God needs to grow me in patience and gentleness, so that I can be a blessing to them and so that they won't be afraid to tell me what they are struggling with. 

Another thing that really struck me recently is that the God of the Old Testament is still the God of today.  You shut the mouths of lions, caused the dead to breathe.  You are I AM.  As the song says.  He's still the same today and He can help us be victorious in our day-to-day living.

Making the most of today,
Steph

Day 9 brings me through Genesis 27 and I'm still in Esther 5 - doing a bit of deeper study in that, so it takes me longer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment