Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Make your own spaghetti sauce

The ingredients I used
 My recipe this time
2 #10 cans of tomato sauce
1 #10 can of crushed tomatoes
2 T garlic
2 t pepper
2 t salt
2 T Italian seasoning
Put all ingredients in a bowl.

Label bags

Pour into bags and standing them up seems to be the best way to get the air out.  Simply pull the zipper part down against the sauce and close.  You'll have almost no air in the bag

Now that it's closed, rinse. 

It's very difficult to label at this point, but I should have tried anyway.

Lay flat in a freezer.
This recipe made 1 - 64 oz bag of spaghetti sauce and 8 - 32 oz bags of pizza sauce.  The cost for the cans for me was about $10.  So $1 for 32 oz of sauce, which is cheaper than spaghetti sauce here.  Also I know what is in the sauce.

Making the most of today
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment