Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Titus 2 Tea - Personal - Devotions

I think one of the biggest things I can do for myself is devotions, spending time with the Lord on my own.  Usually, I try to do it in the morning, but I'm also putting babies to bed and doing the laundry and overseeing school.  So I'm constantly interrupted.

I either need to get up earlier (5:00am) or I need to find a way to make this work.  So for now, I am going to continue to do this, even though I'm interrupted. 

I remember a dorm mom I had.  Every minute she had to spare, it seemed, she was reading from her Bible.  But if you needed something, she didn't say, "Can't you see I'm doing my devotions?  Why are you bothering me?"  No, she just patiently answered the question or cared for the problem, and then if there was time she went back to her reading.  She still had time to lay in the grass with us and look at the sky or the stars, and to swim with us.  What a testimony!  I will never forget her example.

So I continue to work toward this.  My goal is to be in the Word every day this year, not just to say I did it, but because that's where I learn what I need to make it through my day.  I'm also tentatively reading through the Bible this year, but I'm not going to worry about it.  If I'm in the Word every day, then that will be stepping it up for me.  I want to step it up in one way in a few areas of my life.  We'll talk about some other areas next week.

So for now, I'm studying the book of Esther and reading three chapters in Genesis a day. 

Making the most of today,
Steph

Today my reading was Esther 4:1-7 and Genesis 10-12  and one thing new I found was that Ham had a son named Egypt.  I knew about Canaan, but didn't know about Egypt.

No comments:

Post a Comment