Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday's Household - A beautiful day!

Yesterday, I woke up to a beautiful sky.  It had been storming through the night, but here was the promise of a gorgeous day.

Last night, as my man and I were falling asleep, we were talking.  It was past our bedtime, but we weren't super tired.  I was sharing with him about how I was excited to get up the next day and do more to get our yard cleaned up and neat. 

I almost was thinking, "Hurry up and go to sleep, so we can wake up and start the day." 

And that thought comes from a good and profitable day.  A day where I was able to get quite a lot done.  This hasn't happened for awhile because of the babies in the house during the day.  But now that they are older and my children are older, I can run outside for a half hour to an hour and get a few things done, especially during naptime.

Yesterday, I mowed the lawn, cleaned one stall of the garage, and planted some flowers.  Now today, I'm ready to head out there to work in the garden quite a bit. 

It's an exciting thing to walk in obedience, to serve the Lord with my whole heart.  It's exhilarating.  I've been telling myself I'll be too tired and won't be able to last, if I do the work.  But really it's been a lie of the devil and I need to stop listening.

Keep pressing on,
Steph

"Whatever you do, do it heartily as to the Lord and not to men."

No comments:

Post a Comment