Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thursday's Thoughts - lies that I believe

Yesterday, I was so discouraged.  My plan that I had laid out was not working.  I thought there is no way I can keep up with everything.  Carpenter wanted the house clean first.  Which is a great idea.  Really.  But it's not my favorite thing.

So yesterday we sorted and cleaned off bookshelves.  We cleaned rooms and vacuumed and we made it down to the main level.  To my eyes it looks much cleaner, much better. 

Today, as Carpenter suggested, we/I touched every room.  Sometimes I felt that all a room needed was a broom and dustpan.  Yes, farmhouses get dirty quickly.

By 7:30, I had cleaned and straightened each room that was clean yesterday.  Today's schedule from the old plan, says that we need to do major cleaning in the kitchen and dining room.  We need to do the fridge, the cobwebs, the dusting, and the walls, but with 7 kids that divides to two people per chore.  Nice.

Also I got out and mowed (push-mowed) till the mower quit.  We have machines that glitch up a lot, so it provides good times of rest, but we always have to mow because we can't get it all done in one shot.  Plus, I'm not doing the whole garden this year, so I'm mowing that too.

The boys are hoeing and caring for the corn, and picking peas and radishes and strawberries. Bugaboo is caring for the littler ones and helping them stay out of trouble.  And it's going to rain, so we won't be outside all day, and it helps with the heat.

The lie I believed - that if I do work on the house, I'll always be caring for the house and never doing anything else.  LIES - Big time.  I just need to discipline my body and bring it into subjection. 

I don't need to be controlled by it, but rather control it.  I need to be it's master and not it's slave.  I want to be the woman who does good and not evil all her days so that her husband has no lack of gain. 

These are my desires, but when it come to today - today, I just want to relax, to sit back and do nothing or read a book.   As I read in an article last night, a bunch of todays spent relaxing will end up with years worth of nothing.

"Therefore I run thus, not with uncertainty; thus I fight, not as one who beats the air, but I discipline my body and bring it into subjection."  I Corinthians 9:26

Keep pressing on,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment