Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Project Monday - more on that Father's Day project


 After last week, I decided that I wanted to paint this area.  It needs to be done, except I usually paint all the walls at once.  That's not a possibility anymore - too many tools and business stuff have taken over the garage.  So I thought I would paint it in segments.


I removed everything and placed it on the boxes of siding on a different wall.  Then I painted the walls and shelves a color called Faraway Blue.    It is slightly but very slightly blue. 


And yes I painted over the edges of the electric box, but I wasn't too worried about that.  This way I got a good coat and I had no tape, so I wasn't going to wait for a trip too the store.


I also did underneath.  It was amazing to me how much paint it soaked in, until I talked with Carpenter's aunt, who mentioned that the longer drywall sits unpainted the more porous it gets and therefore it takes more paint to paint it.


On Friday, I came out to this mess.  All my neatly sorted jars and bins crashed to the ground because the siding gave way.  I'm not sure if the kids did it or if it just fell on it's own.  But needless to say, I had to redo a lot of my original work of organizing.

 
 
There was glass underneath the tire, so before we went anywhere it all had to be cleaned up.
 


I didn't like just the light blue, so talked with Carpenter's aunt about what color I should put with it, and we chose Peacock Blue.  I thought of accenting it with Sunflower, but don't know where to put it.  Any ideas?
 
Here it is with the second coat of paint.  I was nervous that maybe Carpenter would think it was too girlie.  But he shrugged and said, "It doesn't really matter to me."  I know that he's happy to have it look neat and painted, so it's a relief that he doesn't hate the color.   The white blurb on the shelf is a hook that I decided to leave the light blue.  Not sure if I should paint it or not. 

Keep pressing on
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment