Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cooking Tuesday - Goulash? Of a sort.

Yesterday, I wanted to make something with the macaroni that we have in the cupboard, while I was doing that I decided that tonight we would have scalloped potatoes and ham.  The night before we'd had rice, so it seemed like macaroni was a good thing.

The only thing I could think of was goulash.  No, I haven't made it in years.  Yes, we have hamburger.  No, we do not have anything tomato-ey to use for the base.  Ketchup!  That's what I'll use.

A huge hit, especially with parmesan cheese on top.  And for tonight, the crock for the crockpot sits in the fridge waiting to be started right after we get home from VBS!!!  It's super easy, but I may have already shared that recipe.

I never used to be able to get the potatoes cooked.  Now they're done through-and-through every time.

Keep pressing on,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment