Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Project Monday - The new need is still a need

So last week, I posted pictures, rather embarassing ones if you ask me.   The yard is a mess.  So much to do.  And yet this past week, the only thing I was able to do in the yard was make sure it got mowed - which helps the look a lot for two reasons.  Number one - it's mowed.  Every lawn looks better mowed.  Number two - sticks and toys had to be cleaned up before any mowing could be done. 

Oops, and I forgot about the one other thing I was able to do - plant some flowers.  Yahoo.

So we have a start, but with dental appointments for five and eye appointments for 6, we didn't have time for much else. 

This week was supposed to be driver's ed for two and that would really have taken a toll on my week as this driver's ed is 23 miles away.  That would mean 100 miles in the van daily with 10 kids.  Not my idea of a fun week. 

Last night I talked with friends at church and found that drivers' ed may not even get us a discount on insurance.  And since our boys are only 15 and 13 (14 this summer), Carpenter and I figured the budget couldn't take such a huge hit right now.  The boys are disappointed.

One of the things that I noticed right away about Carpenter is that he kept his word.  It's something I really appreciate about him.  This is a situation where we should have followed James' advice and said, "If the Lord wills, you'll be doing drivers' training this week."  But we didn't and now, I'm apologizing all over myself, because I feel bad for disappointing them.

They are being respectful and not angry.  And I guess I have to remember that there is a difference.  We can be disappointed and respectful.

Back to the yard, this week I hope to get the trees cleared out so I can put up fence behind the cedar trees.  I'd love to move the chicken house, so that my yard is just for the kiddos, but probably won't be doing that yet.  Just behind the chicken house is a wood fence.  It needs some repair.  And then in the trees behind the swingset, we'll put a wire fence, back behind the first row of trees.

So we'll try to get that all done.

On another front, I wanted to show you pics of the curtains and the plane project.  They aren't done with their planes, but the boys do have curtains in their room that Waterman sewed on my sewing machine.
He made another set for the other window.  The valance is a bit longer than I would like, but that's easy to fix.

They also worked on their plane kits to hang from the ceiling.  Some are almost finished but others have a little way to go.

Making the most of today,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment