Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Easy chicken

Yesterday we spent the day splitting wood and playing in the pond out in the pasture.  We also had a great time with Carpenter's aunt and uncle and cousin.    It was a great day.  I told Carpenter I wished that more days could be spent like that.

Today though we're kicking it in high gear.  VBS starts on Monday and I'm the director, so we'll spend this afternoon at church getting things painted and ready and Thursday we'll be over there. Because of all that, I need to have something ready for supper.

We cooked up chickens this weekend, so I have a lot of already cooked and boneless chicken in the freezer.  I took a bag out and put three cans of cream soup (2 of chicken and 1 of mushroom).  I put it all in the crockpot on low.  Later right before we eat I'll add a cup of sour cream.  We'll put it over rice. 

I love the fact that I can make rice now (10 in the morning) and once it has cooked I'll just turn off the stove and leave it there till I need it tonight.  It won't be hot, but it will be room temp.  So then we pour the hot gravy over it and it's perfect.

Have a great day
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment