Because I was emptying the freezer, I thought it would be a great time to clean it. And while I was cleaning it, I thought some of the things could use some bleach and my sink also needed bleaching. It yellows over time and then needs a soak in some bleach water. So I was able to cover quite a few bases with one project.
The other thing is that I hate it when you put a bag of food in the freezer and then before it freezes it manages to get wedged around the wires on the top shelf. Ugh! It takes a miracle to get it off. Another reason I love these bins.
But they weren't looking so clean, so
Now for the plan
This is what I found in my freezer.
- 7 packages of ham - one of which is a ham bone.
- Bean and Ham soup
- Peanut gravy with pork and squash - for over rice
- Pork - spiced pieces
- Venison - 3 packages
- Hamburger - 1 package
- 1 container of duck - Sharpie's ducks got run over and therefore we have duck meat in our freezer.
- 1 bag of peas
- 1 pkg of brussel sprouts
- 5 bags of beans
- 1 pkg pizza sauce
- 1 pork roast
So the rest of the weeks menu for supper meals will be
- Wednesday - Peanut gravy with pork and squash over rice
- Thursday - Duck gravy with mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts
- Friday - Pizza
- Saturday - lunch - hotdogs and baked beans
- Saturday - supper - bean and ham soup with corn bread
- Sunday - lunch - pulled pork sandwiches
- Sunday - supper - grill spiced pork and roasted potatoes with peas
- Monday - Venison stew
- Tuesday - Ham curry over rice
- Corn meal
- Hotdog buns
- Green pepper
- 1 can of pizza sauce
Making the most of today