Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Titus 2 Tea - Meals - Week 2

Now that we are planning our meals - whether it's daily, weekly or monthly - we have an idea of things that we need for our meals. 

You can make a grocery list for the meals you have planned.  I like to buy most of my groceries in a month's amount.  There's a few things that I must get each week, but I can pick them up when I get milk. 

I usually write down an item on my grocery list, when I have used the last one.  For example, when I take out the last canister of coffee, I will write it on the white board on my fridge.  Then the next time I go out, I don't forget to buy it. 

But what if I head out the door to pick up the school kids and don't have a plan to go to the store?  Here is something I haven't yet found a solution for.   I am still learning so much about being a mom, wife and home-maker. 

There are things I've heard about like Cozi.  But I don't know how to use it.  I guess if you write it on the shopping list there, then dh could look at it on his way home to see if there's anything to be picked up.  Uh, not happening in this house.  He asks when he calls to let me know he's on his way, but he doesn't know how to do much on the internet on his phone.  Why??  Because he's too busy with life to mess around with it.  And I would far rather have that, than someone who is on his phone all the time. 

Someday, I'll use this Cozi app.  Of course I'm signed up for it and everything, but don't have it in my "habits" to use it consistently.  And I have NO idea how to look it up on my phone.  Weather, Facebook and Searches - I can handle, but  I'm way behind in all this phone internet stuff.

I like to go shopping at the beginning of the month and get all the things that we'll need for the month.  Some examples are I know I will need at the most four bottles of dish detergent for the month.  So I check to see how many I still have, and then put it on the list so that it equals four.

Ideally, I have an inventory check-list that is current.  I don't right now.  I have some old ones, and I've been working on making the old one up-to-date, but then I would look it over and make a list off of that.  This is not really for meals, but for the sides, breads, desserts that we generally do, and also for cleaning supplies, toiletries.  Though, I usually keep up with those, as I finish them. 

Next, I would look at the meals I have planned for my month, and make a shopping list off of that.   Also I would make lists of things I should get on Wednesdays when I go for milk, like sour cream for the meals for this week or fresh produce. 

Another good idea is to have lists of what is in the freezer posted, and to mark off things as you take them out of the freezer.   Notice, I said it's a good idea, not that I'm on top of this one.  Not at all.  I think it would just save me a lot of time.  Time that I could use to read more with my kids, or snuggle with them on the couch.  And that's what organization is all about for me.

Making the most of today,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment