Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Titus 2 Tea - FLYlady - Week 3 - 11/2/12

All the information for our study tonight was from this source: www.flylady.net

Our discussion topics for the night were:
  • Make an afternoon  routine, if you are home in the afternoon
If you did the morning and before bed routines, this should be fairly well explained at this point.
  • Dinner prep
Try to make sure you have your dinner planned at least by the night before.  This gives you plenty of time to thaw something if it needs to be thawed and to grab something at the store if you need to on your way home. 

Better yet, have your meals planned for the week or by the month.  Plan your grocery shopping list for those meals and then you won't need to run to the store.  Though you will need to check your plan to take something out for the next day.  Which reminds me.... Excuse me while I go take out the pizza sauce for our Pizza Pockets tomorrow night.
  • Five-minute Room Rescue
Set the timer for five-minutes and then make a mad dash to pick up and put away as many things as you can.  No, do not shove those things under the couch or in a corner.  Only pick up one thing at a time and put it away or in a pile/laundry basket for finding its home.  Then when the timer rings, put the things in the laundry basket where they belong.
  • Calendar
It's important these days to keep up with what is going on in our lives, and that we don't double-book ourselves.  So keep a calendar in plain view for everyone.  Ours is in the dining room/schoolroom where all can see it.  Use it.  Put the school things on it, your activities, and hubby's activities and check it every day to make sure you know what is coming.
  • 27 Fling Boogie
Check this out on her page www.flylady.net.  I love the name.  Just go around the house and find 27 things to fling (either give away or toss).  I think we could do this about every day and still have loads to go.  Oh, wait!  I have been doing this for the past 8 weeks and still have loads to go.  In all fairness, the goal was only 10 things a day, but that means 400 things by the time I'm done which is on Tuesday next week.  And we got rid of more than 10 things most days.  Happy flinging!
  • Hot-Spot
Do you have a spot in your house that collects things?  No, I'm not talking about a magnet, though it is of sorts.  It may collect papers or laundry or stuff  that doesn't have a home - the guest room, a countertop or a shelf. Set the timer for two minutes and go through it as quickly as you can.  But only work for the alloted time, then go do something else, or even relax.  If you work on this area, a couple of minutes a day, you'll be done in no time.
***********************************************************************************

I hope you find something here that will help you on your journey in the goals of leading a more disciplined life.  Just one step is enough, one thing to help you become the woman God is growing you to be.  He loves us deeply and His ways are higher than ours. 

I used to lie to myself and say, "If I did all that I would be wiped out by bedtime."  "I'll never keep up with all these little ones running under my feet."  God has given me victory and I love having a neat, clean home for my husband to enjoy, and I enjoy it too. 

Don't get me wrong, our home is very lived in.  And sometimes I'm appalled at what the babies pick up from the floor.  There are toys every where and currently, the bookshelves are holding a lot more than books, (tools, sandpaper, toys, all kinds of things).  But if we just keep working at one little area until we are the master of it, not the other way around, then we will find the victory in our journey as home-makers.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment