Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 40 - Walk through Day 2 - downstairs

The last day - Woohoo!  Somehow though I feel like I need to start all over again - maybe in a couple of months. :)

There is so much to this job of being a mom.  One thing is to work on keeping the clutter down.  They keep bringing it in and want to cling to so much of it.

Today we're working on the downstairs.  Just a walk-through to see if there are any things that need to be tossed or given away.

A constant sight at our house when the babies are awake.
Three times a day I clean up this room
At morning nap and afternoon nap
and when babies go home
Takes me five minutes total.
Sooooo worth it!!!
Dining room - a bit too cluttered for my liking

When things are too cluttered on the table, I start making stacks of things that belong to the kids.  Then as they come in to ask a question, or at a break, they haul away their pile and put it away.

Dishes are a constant in our house.  This was right before lunch.  While I am making lunch, I like to start the dishes.  I usually get a bit crabby, waiting for quiet and it's nicer if we don't have a lot of dishes to do.  Quiet time gets here sooner that way.

Uggh!  Did I not just clean this area?? 

Better.  One of my projects is to make a specific place for games and puzzles.


Before (above) and after (below)
I do have some projects here.  The white bin on the far shelf is for collecting game pieces that
I find.  I need to put them back in their proper places.

Again, before (above) and after (below)
Still needs some work, but much better
The above rooms (living room, dining room, nursery room and the game/TV area all together only took me 20 minutes to get cleaned up.
This is the room I rarely go in and I never get in there to clean it up.
This is my current room that I am working on victory in - I need to make this room a habit.

I suppose there could be a lot of different ways to take this, but my dear husband (dh) likes things neat.  To him, passing the above room on his way upstairs is unsettling.  For fifteen years, I have let things slide and allowed things to get out of control.  You may have seen the pictures of the kids' rooms that were out of control. 

God is giving me victory in this area.  And I'm finding that my husband is right.  It's so nice having things put away.  I love being able to find stuff and being able to walk through the rooms in my house.

Making the most of today,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment