Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday's Thoughts -- my WHY

"She considers a field and buys it; from her profits she plants a vineyard."  This is a verse on my memory list and I've been praying about how it can be implemented in my life.  I want to be a blessing to my husband and family. 

A few years back I heard of a business called thirty-one and the ladies in my Bible study talked highly of the bags from that company.  Unfortunately with our large family we don't have extras even for wonderful bags, so I had to just enjoy "window" shopping in the catalog.

Just recently, I saw a catalog again at a book party.  I had never heard of that.  The lady is my pastor's sister and she lives in MO, but she sent catalogs to her nephew and his wife and orders were taken that way.  Pretty cool.  I'm learning about different ways to party!!!!  It really seemed like something I could be involved in. 

So I signed up.  They ask you what is your WHY all the time around this company.   Hadn't really thought about it, but now I have 5 WHY's on different levels.

#5 is that I really liked the bags, but don't have the funds in our bank for these things, this way I can afford a few bags myself

#4 I love organizing and have always thought it would be fun to help people with that.  There are so many great things for organizing in the catalog and a myriad of ways to use different bags.

the top 3 are not in any order necessarily

#3 I love to share with women and really want to help them grow in their lives.  To help them be successful as wives and mothers.  This gives me a chance to get out there and get to know people and have an opportunity to minister in their lives

#2 I really believe that God has called me to stay home, but again with our size of family things get pretty tight financially.  So I'm excited to see how God is going to use this in our lives.  My kids need me home - need a constant, a north star.  Hubby and I tried tag-teaming it and it doesn't work out so well.

#1 My husband would really love to be back in full-time ministry.  I would love to support him in that from home. 

I can't tell you how much I have been on my knees about this and right now while it's a bit stressful at times, I see that it won't be stressful always and mostly just for the first couple of months as I charter new waters and navigate new territory. 

Keep pressing on!  What's your WHY?  We talked about priorities last week and I can't believe how much my WHY ties into that.  It helps me have guidance about what takes precedence in my life.

Have a great day!  Today my box arrives, I saw that it's shipping out of the big town near here today.  Yay!  I'm so excited.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment