Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wednesday's Household - an embarrassing confession

I must confess (and this is somewhat embarrassing to me) that my kids sleep in beds that are not made properly.  Part of it is busyness and part of it is I got tired of making beds when four of them would wet them in one night. 

Sometimes there wasn't even a bottom sheet, mostly because it was in the wash and I forgot to get a new one.  They always had a blanket or five, but not one of them was tucked in.  I gave up on top sheets a long time ago, because they always ended up at the bottom of the bed and were never used and simply had to be washed when the bed was wet.

It's a new year and I have decided that I am going to attempt to step it up in one way in the bedrooms this year.  I will be making the little ones beds after they go to school if I forget to have them do it before they leave.  I will make sure that before the babies (day care kids) go down for nap that every bed will have the sheets on and be properly made. 

It's a little thing, but for me that involves making or working with kids to get 5 beds made.  I haven't decided if I'll do much besides reminding the older boys.  It feels like a lot to me.  So far we are 2 for 2 (days that is). 

I committed a couple of years ago to finishing the laundry each weekday and have been able to do that with the help of my family, so now, I plan to be vigilant in this area to work toward the goal of keeping neat beds.

And my son, who still has trouble wetting his bed,  didn't want to take the sheets off because as he said, "I won't have anything to sleep with tonight."  Then I had to tell him that it was my fault that this has been happening but that if he could get his sheets down to the wash (his responsibility) I would wash them first and make sure that his bed was made before nap time.

Keep pressing on (even in the embarrassing things),
Steph

P.S  Tomorrow's post will be on the line of something rather opposite to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment