Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday's Household - conquering my day

Because I'm absolutely crazy and added something new to my workweek, I need to keep my time focused.  I am very much the SHE (Side-tracked Home Executive) that FLYLady talks about.  I go to my e-mail and see a note from a friend and instead of getting something done that was on my list, now I'm e-mailing my friend.  

So yesterday, I was almost in tears trying to figure out this new business (and I know that it is just for now) and I completely overwhelmed myself watching videos and reading papers on how this all works. And my national director posted a video about organizing.  Something she said clicked for me - make a top 5 list.  A list of the top 5 things you need to do tomorrow.  So I did.

Focused is so much less stressed.  Helps so much.  But I decided to focus time periods as well.

  • When I wake up in the morning until 6:30 - I must get breakfast ready, make coffee (maybe), make Carpenter's lunch, and right after he leaves, get the fire going and the laundry started and the bathroom clean.
  • Till 6:30, I'm working on Scripture Typer, and change the laundry over at 7:00
  • From then until 8:00 I need to do dishes and/or do the room project for the day (M-under beds, T-closet; W-dressers; Th-desks; F-floors).  I'm also hurrying the kids' through their paces of piano, dressed, make bed, etc.
  • Till 9:00 - Driving kids to school, breakfast for the little ones and me and e-mail check
That's as far as I've gotten.  But I'm gonna keep adding some order to my days.  Making a list of rules is overwhelming but when I view it as a guide not a rule, it helps.

Keep pressing on,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment