Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Venison

It's that time of the year again and someone graciously gave us a deer.    So last night, Carpenter and I went to get it and we got it cut up and into the fridge last night.  Today, my job was to cut it up and trim it. 

I have a crockpot full of stew meat, a roaster full of roasts and a pan of the trimmings for the dogs.

I also have four bowls of meat in the fridge for cooking after these things cool off. 

I am planning on making meals just as I would if hubby brought home a bunch of pork or hamburger.  So tomorrow, I will be making meals from the meat I have brought home. 

I will be making 4 recipes of each:
  • Easy Sauerbraten
  • BBQ Beef
  • Philly Beef
  • Beefy Enchiladas
and 1 recipe of each of these:
  • Beef Bordeaux
  • Beef Stroganoff
  • Osso Bucco
  • Middle Eastern Stew
  • Southwestern Stew
  • Oriental Stew
  • Orange Beef and Rice
  • Swiss Steak
All of these recipes are out of the cookbook "The Occasional Cook" by Cyndy Salzmann.  I haven't tried most of them, but I'm anxious to try them out.  They will be different with venison instead of beef. 

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment