Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Dilly Bread - hamburger buns

Oh, wow!  My stepmom was saying that she made her own hamburger buns, so I asked her for the recipe.  It can be made into rolls and into buns for hamburgers.   Delicious!!!!! 

My husband and kids (and I)  loved them so much that they didn't eat much supper.

Here's the message I got from my mom:

Dilly Bread
(my favorite for hamburger buns - and makes great bread for sandwiches, too)

  • 1 pkg. dry yeast
  • 1/4 c. warm water
  • 2 T. sugar
  • 1 T. dried onion
  • 1 T. soft butter
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1 c. small curd cottage cheese
  • 1 T. dried dill weed
  • 1/4 t. baking soda
  • 1 lg. egg
  • 2 1/2 c. bread flour
Mix up and knead like you would any bread recipe. Let rise, shape into loaf or into 8 to 10 hamburger buns (depending on how large you want your buns to be). Let rise again. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes for the loaf or 14 to 16 minutes for rolls. Can be frozen or kept in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.

Don't let the dill scare you away, it was so yummy!!!  Thankfully, I stashed a couple of bags in the freezer (in the basement).  So now, I can pull out a bag when I think we need some bread for supper.

Enjoy!

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment