Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cleaning the fridge

It started with a spilt cup of coffee.  Dumb me put it in the fridge with no lid.  I was thinking iced coffee today.  Well, not anymore.   I opened the fridge door and found it all over the bottom of the fridge. 

So when I got home from dropping the kids off at school, I got the little ones playing and started on the fridge.  Finished up the dishes and started on the fridge.  It didn't take long to disassemble the fridge and wash the pieces. 

When I finished that I thought I would work on the outside and just finish it up.  As I was doing that, I noticed some cobwebs behind the fridge. 

That ended up with me pulling the fridge out to clean underneath and behind and the walls. 

This all took less than an hour.  And I'm thrilled it's done.  Now, I emptied the freezer and took notes on what is in there. 

2 pans of Chicken Divan
10 32 oz of spaghetti sauce, made from the tomatoes in our garden
1 gallon pkg of spaghetti sauce
2 gallon packages of Ham and Vegetable Soup 
2 gallon packages of Chili
3 bags of sour cherries for our kids' favorite cherry mousse (have no idea how to spell it but it sounds like 'mose' not 'moose'.
2 gallon package of diced bell peppers
1 quart bag of diced bell peppers
1 gallon bag of habaneros
13 bags of shredded zucchini (perfect for zucchini bread or to throw in a soup or spaghetti sauce)
4 1-lb packages of cooked hamburger
1 1-lb package of cooked hamburger with taco seasoning
2 Beef and Bean Burritos

I really would rather have more meals upstairs in my freezer than downstairs in the deep freeze.  So as I work through what is down there I will bring more stuff up and take my packages and packages of spaghetti sauce down there.

Once again I will put my list on the fridge, but in a sheet protector, so I can use a dry-erase marker to keep track of what I take out.

Keep pressing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment