Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Titus 2 Tea - Organizing month

Some verses came to mind last night regarding some of my thoughts in yesterday's post.  They're in Isaiah 58.  I love so many verses from this chapter, in fact, one of them is up in my kitchen. 

Isaiah 58:10-12
10 And if you give yourself to the hungry And satisfy the desire of the afflicted, Then your light will rise in darkness And your gloom will become like midday.

11 "And the LORD will continually guide you, And satisfy your desire in scorched places, And give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.

12 "Those from among you will rebuild the ancient ruins; You will raise up the age-old foundations; And you will be called the repairer of the breach, The restorer of the streets in which to dwell.
And these verses reminded me that my fears have no basis and the surrender and the fully giving of myself will be worth it.  Because He will allow my gift to my family to bless me, to restore me.  He will give strength to my bones.

So yesterday, I organized some areas I've left sitting.  They've been bugging me, but "Nah, I'm too tired."  What was super interesting is that the five-year olds loved helping.  As I sorted through my basket that contains game pieces and everything that needs a home, they carried away toys and pieces that they could put away.

Then I worked on the DVD's (AGAIN!!!! but it wasn't near so bad as last time) and one of them came and wanted to help.  At first I found it a bit frustrating to have him getting his hands in the mix, but then I asked him to check the cases to see if they had a DVD in them.  And he was able to be a help.

Then I went through the CD's and put them near our stereo where I always put a ton of junk.  Now the junk will have to find somewhere else. And that makes me happy.  I really want things to have a place, but had given up every hope of it.  Now it seems like a possibility.

Last night I was able to sit and chat with a couple of friends who came over for our last Titus 2 Tea night for the year.  We didn't talk about organizing but caught up with our lives.  What fun!

Doing the things God asks will always be worth it.  Now, I have to figure out how to help the boys see that as I start tackling their room.  They need lots of help with it.  And that will be started on Project Monday.  It seems like a nightmare to me, but I think it will be better if they can find things. 

I'm hoping that a little organization will be a joy to them.

Making the most of today for His glory
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment