Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What makes a house a home?

Because this month is Household month for Titus 2 Tea, I will do my post for the household stuff on Friday.  So today, I'm going to talk about something that's hard for me.  How do you make a house a home?

Allowing a bit of craziness, giggling and messiness is difficult for me.  At this point of my day, I am trying to wind down and squealing doesn't help.  But it's good for them.  
It's good for big brothers who have been pestering all day to spend some time tickling little sisters and wrestling with little brothers. 
And when it's over Daddy's do the quieting down thing by reading a story from our Mike Mulligan and Other Stories book.  I need to spend more time reading to my kids.  Have you ever read "Nothing At All"?  Tractorman was howling with laughter at the unexpected page in the book.
Or quietly contemplating more video game strategies.

Or snoozing on the couch - or rather pretending....
Home is where you are comfortable.  The problem with that is we tend to be comfortable enough to yell, or speak harshly, to condemn.  And if we get comfortable with that, we spend all of our time criticizing and not enough time encouraging. 

At least, that's how it is in our house.  So tomorrow, we'll talk about a new thing I tried this week for those who are more disposed to the criticizing aspect as opposed to encouraging.   See you then?

Making the most of today.
Steph

February 6th brings us through Leviticus 21 and Psalm 12.  Carpenter asked me to switch to memorizing out of New King James Version as opposed to NASB, so for now I'll be re-learning my Romans verses in that version. 

Why, you ask, did he ask me to do this?  Simply, because everyone else is using NKJV for Awana verses and therefore it would make things easier.  Sounds like a good reason to me, just wish I would have known when I started.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment