Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Helps in homeschooling

On my fridge along with pictures taped up there is a bunch of square pieces of paper, color-coded to the activity.  School is red, yellow is morning chores and green is afternoon chores. 

I want my boys to be more independent.  I want them to know what needs to be done without me reminding all the time.  I want them to know what must be done before they are allowed to play Wii time. 

So this project has been stewing in my head for a long time.  At the beginning of the day all the squares are flipped down and the magnets are ready.  As they finish the first job/chore/subject, they flip up the square. 
Once they get to the triangle, they have finished enough to be able to play their allotted time.  This is working well so far and next week I'll tell you about the tickets they earn and Wii time a bit.

Happy Wednesday,
Making the most of today
Steph

Today I'll read through Numbers 15 and Psalm 19.  I'm working on Romans 1:23-24 right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment