Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday's Household - preparing for freezer meals

I'm starting to think about what to make with the extra turkey from our meal. So when I run out to do my last minute shopping, I will grab a few extra things.

4 foil pans
2 pkgs of broccoli
4 pkgs of corn
celery
carrots
2 cans mushrooms
1 24 oz container cottage cheese

This will help me make two recipes of each of these:
  • Easy Chicken Divan
  • Chicken Pot Pie
  • Chicken and Dumplings
  • Hot Chicken Salad
We have to double a recipe because of the size of our family.  I probably won't be able to make all of these recipes, but Christmas is coming, so I'll do the others after that meal. :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  We have our whole weekend planned out - none of us are working on Friday.  We'll be sawing lumber during the day and playing games and partying when it's dark.  I'm looking forward to a weekend of family.  We put in so much time this last year working in the pasture and being apart, that I'm especially thankful for this time.

We'll be back on Monday!
Keep pressing on
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment