Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

I'm the server.

Lately my littlest guy, Tractorman, has been running around saying "I'm the server."  - thrilled for any opportunity to bring someone a glass of water, a fork or whatever.  I'm learning that I want to be more like that. 

"For the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve and give His life a ransom for many." - Matthew 20:28
On Wednesday, he was running around saying "I'm the server." - no he's not really thinking the waiter, because we hardly ever go out to eat, so he doesn't know that there is a name for the people who bring food to you.  He's just thinking that he wants to serve and he's changing the verb to a noun. 

"Do you need more coffee?"  "Can I fill it up?"  "How about if I make you another pot?"  and here I am saying "No, you can't do it yourself.  You are only five."  while Daddy's saying "Sure.  I need more coffee." 

Oh, to have the joy of serving as He did and my little boy does today.  Setting the cups in order for when Grandpa and Grandma come over for breakfast.  So excited to do the little things. 

Quite the opposite from my attitude - I think of the little things as mundane.  I do them over and over and over again.  It gets old in my mind, because I'm not thinking of serving.  I'm thinking of what I want to do. 

I want to be more like the Son of Man - the one who did not come to BE served but to serve. 

Desiring to be joyful in service
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment