Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Cooking Tuesday - Cheeseburger Casserole

Yesterday, I had the privilege of taking a meal to one of our new moms.  It's amazing how easily you forget what holding a brand new baby feels like.

I made this recipe for the family with a fruit salad and some lemon bars.

It's very easy, only 6 ingredients:

2 lbs of hamburger, cooked
1/2 block of Velveeta cheese, cubed
2/3 cup catsup
1/2 cup bacon bits
8 oz of elbow macaroni, cooked, al dente

Mix all of these together.  I cooked the pasta, then chopped the cheese and put it on top.  When I was done cooking the hamburger, I put it on top.  This way the cheese started melting and could be mixed through a bit better.  Place in a Ziploc bag.  Put 1 cup chow mein noodles in a small freezer bag.  Tape the bag to the gallon bag. 

Label it:   Thaw.  Place in a baking dish.  Heat at 350 degrees until heated through (generally about 1 hour, if it's been frozen).  Top with chow mein noodles for the last 5 minutes of cooking.

My testers had mentioned that the original recipe was lacking, so we vamped it up.  Tractorman and I taste-tested it and it was delish!!!

Because I only used half of a block of cheese and we don't generally use processed cheese, I made a double recipe for a future baby or need. 

Have a great day!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment