Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday's household - Keeping on

What do you do when you are tired?  Worn out from life and yet you need to keep up the house.  Maybe you totally throw in the towel.  Maybe you ease up a bit and take a more relaxed day.  Maybe you work just as hard to get everything done so that you can rest when you're done.

Some days I really feel like throwing in the towel.  I just want to give up.  I didn't check chores today like I should - but since it's 11, I still have time to do that.  Today, I want to turn on the TV and veg. 

But what good would that do?  I know that I would only have an extremely messy house for the company we're having tonight and then I would be totally stressed at 4 o'clock. 

My body is begging for scenario one, but I think I'm going to pick the third one today. 

I've found a good plan for chores.  It includes about 12 morning chores, 3 lunch chores, and then another 10 or so evening chores. 

Morning chores includes teeth, hair, face, devotions,  a couple of chores for dishes, a couple of bedroom chores and a couple of main level chores. 

Lunch is basically only dishes chores, and supper is clean up the yard and living room until they're ready for bed.

So I think we're going to stick with the plan.  As soon as I'm done here I'm gonna go check those chores and then after lunch, and after lunch chores!  we'll all lay down and watch a movie.  And if I get a chance, I think I'll shut my eyes and fall asleep.

Keeping on is hardest on the days when you're tired, but it's also important.  So I encourage you to stay on task, do the important things and rest if you can.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment