Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

The compost project continues

I've had some time this last week to work on our project.  This is a challenge for me.  I am scared of Carpenter's power tools.  But over the course of these past weeks of using the saws, I'm much more comfortable than I was.

One of my desires is to understand more about what Carpenter does, so we can have intelligent conversations about his work, instead of me just saying "uh-huh" all the time.  I want to understand him better and so understanding what he loves should help.  He loves working with wood.

So here are the pictures of the project continuing.  It seems funny to be working on this project when it's snowing outside, but we always have trash that can go in a compost pile whether it's snowing or not.

The walls of the bin - clamped for the glue, but I also screwed it together with 3" screws.

Some of the tools I used, and yes I was working on a bed in the basement, it was warmer.

Thankfully, this is a bin for garbage, because that is not a good sight.  The wood isn't flush, but I'll take it for my first project.

The door attached to one of the walls and now we have to move back to the garage or the bin will be staying in the basement. 

It's coming along and I hope next week, I'll have it done.  I do have kids to watch today, but I think I'll have time to run out to the garage and put a few screws in.

On this New Year's Eve, I just want to say that I've enjoyed sharing with those of you who are following.  I'm de-cluttering again.  Christmas just makes me feel like we have two much junk.  This past week, I took quite a few bags of trash out of the house and have a couple bags to give away.  Feels so good.  Also we reached 5,000 pageviews on this blog, and that is incredible to me. 

Have a great New Year.  The snow is keeping Carpenter in, and so I will leave you all to go sit with him and make plans for where our family will head this next year.  Love to you all.
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment