Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Cleaning your washing machine

My washing machine had started having this awful smell and I began to wonder how on earth it could clean clothes while it was dirty.  So I searched Pinterest, and found a method for cleaning a top-load washing machine.  It was pretty easy, but time consuming. 

Fill washer with hot water and put one cup of bleach in.   Let sit for one hour.  Then let the washer go through a cycle.

Fill washer again with hot water and put one cup of vinegar in.  While the washer is filling, take a washcloth and dip it in the water and scrub all around the outside and the inside.  I was amazed at the amount of junk under the rim of the washer drum, also up above the drum.  I used a small scrub brush.  Let sit for an hour and then let the washer go through a cycle.

My machine was grimy before and sparkling after.  I think I'm going to need to try to do this about every three to six months.  You probably could do it less if you don't have nine people to do laundry for.

Making the most of today,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment