Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Storage room 1st day - Week 3, Day 5

It's after Thanksgiving and I still haven't gotten back into the groove of normal life.  I just want to do my own thing and not worry about the things that need to be done.  I missed this post yesterday because of procrastination.  But I did get it done.  So here it is!

This day is the storage room - Day 1.  But it just needed things to be put away and cared for at this point.  I mean we haven't even done the kid's clothes yet so... I rearranged my schedule for what we are doing and moved the second day of this room to after all the closets and dressers have been gone through.

Here's what my new schedule looks like:
Week 1
  1. Kitchen drawers
  2. Kitchen cupboards - upper
  3. Kitchen cupboards - lower
  4. Kitchen junk drawer
  5. Kitchen linens
Week 2
  1. Kitchen other or pantry
  2. Kitchen cookbooks and recipes
  3. Videos, CDs and DVDs
  4. Your desk or work area
  5. Children's books - Day 1
Week 3
  1. Children's books - Day 2
  2. Adult books - Day 1
  3. Adult books - Day 2
  4. Medicine/vitamin cupboard
  5. Storage room
Week 4
  1. Clothing - Kid dressers - Day 1 This is where we will start tomorrow.
  2. Clothing - Kid dressers - Day 2
  3. Clothing - Kid dressers - Day 3
  4. Clothing - Kid dressers - Day 4
  5. Clothing - Kid dressers - Day 5
Week 5
  1. Clothing - Kid closet - Day 1
  2. Clothing - Kid closet - Day 2
  3. Clothing - Kid closet - Day 3
  4. Clothing - Master bedroom dressers
  5. Clothing -Master closet
Week 6
  1. Hallway
  2. Storage room
  3. Decorative items in living areas
  4. Garage - Day 1
  5. Garage - Day 2
Week 7
  1. Barb’s closet
  2. Laundry room
  3. Scrap shed
  4. Backyard shed
  5. Kid's school supplies or backpacks
Week 8

  1. Holiday supplies
  2. Kids' toys - Day 1
  3. Kids' toys - Day 2
  4. Closets
  5. Any other area that has not been addressed yet


This is how it looked when I started.  Mostly I just straightened things up.  Actually looking at the picture, I realize there is something in there that needs to go with us to Wisconsin when we go for Christmas.  So I'll pull that out today and put it in the van that will go.  We won't use that van until we go anyway, so it won't be in the way and (this is the most important thing) I won't forget to do it later. :)


Outside chairs and furniture usually gets put here, so the hall tends to get  a bit crowded.  I do need to go through the totes to find out what should be thrown away or donated.  I may just have to do that after this whole 8 weeks is done.  I keep seeing things and areas that should be part of this challenge.  Each house would be different - different rooms etc.  Probably not too many would have 5 kid dressers and 3 kid closets.  As they grow up and leave the house, I am getting fewer kid dressers but will still have the closets, though probably not with their things just mine. Oh dear!

I didn't throw anything away.

Total for this challenge to date: 193 items; Goal: 150 items

Keep pressing on,
Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment