Pages

Friday, November 17, 2017

Children's Books Day 1 - Week 2 Day 5

We had already started cleaning before I took a picture.  This job is always hard for me, but today I decided that we would keep the special books that we've outgrown, and give the others away.   I also thought it would be helpful to keep a few littler books (cardboard ones) for little people that visit.

On the left is the books that aren't school books, on the right is the bookshelf with homeschooling books - history readers, science readers, some of my educational books and the bottom row of shelves all the way across is encyclopedias and childcraft books.

Today we'll work on the children's books.

I found 27 books to pass on to others.  We also cleaned up the game pieces and toys that we were laying on the shelves.  Why do they put those things on bookshelves?



It seems I always have a box of game pieces that need to be sorted.  At least if we're playing a game and missing a piece we can look here for it. 


My boxes for sorting - one was burn trash and the other was dump trash.  We don't have regular trash pick up here so we burn our paper and collect our non-burnable to take to the dump about once a month.

Total items for the day: 27

Total items for the challenge: 188 items.  At 10 items a day, I should have 100 items.

Next week we'll only do three days. For Christmas we'll skip Christmas Day and then also New Years' Day.  So we should finish by January 5th

Keep pressing on,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment