Pages

Monday, November 6, 2017

Kitchen drawers

Today, we are going to de-clutter the kitchen drawers.  I have a junk drawer in my kitchen but this drawer will not be included in that group today.

In preparation for my de-cluttering project, I did the dishes, and started a load of laundry.  I also filled my sink with warm soapy water to help with any quick clean-up things that I want to do.  I know I have some drawers that I should wipe out when finished.  I realize this will cut down on the amount of time I can de-clutter, but I really want to have the area de-cluttered and clean.  So I'll try to find a way to do more than one session today if possible.

This is how my drawers looked to start.  I decided that several of these drawers are, for the most part, organized - my silverware drawer, my hotpad drawer, my spice drawer (which does need cleaning) and my towel drawer.

I chose four to organize today.
Before
I went through each drawer and was able to finish in the 15 minute allotment, although I still had things to put away and some sorting to do.  My kitchen drawers can use a bit more help with straightening and cleaning but I'm super excited that I got my goal done!

after
I ended up with 7 things that went into the trash can, besides plastic and paper trash.  And 7 things went into the donate box.



 I also found a bunch of birthday items in a drawer.  It was making it super cluttered.  So I made a box for my birthday things and will keep it in my guest room closet.



I am very excited about how it went.  I'm also thankful I didn't pull everything out and get bogged down, because I just found out I'm needed at work this evening.  Now, I can work on supper and cleaning up the house, so it will be ready for me to leave it for awhile. 

How did it work for you?  Were you able to stick to the timer?  Did you find at least 10 things?

Total items for the challenge to date: 14 

Have a great day and keep pressing on,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment