Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thursday's Thoughts

As I sit here this morning, not really where I want to be, which is in a town about 1/2 hour from here, staring at the snow falling outside, I can't help but be thankful for a warm house and electricity.  I was so ready for the snow to be done.  A couple of days in the 50's and one in the 60's really makes one ready for spring.

I am enjoying being home with my one daycare kiddo playing quietly with cars - he can remain fascinated for hours driving those things in a line all around the living room.  I am thankful my husband is home, and that my own kiddos are safe at school and not out in this weather.

God has really given us so many blessings, and lately I've been forgetting them.  I've spent my time obsessing a little much about a thirty-one party as opposed to just resting in Him, knowing He is in control and no matter the outcome, He says my job is not to worry.

So the snow has come to make me stop and consider where I'm headed in this new adventure - the Thirty-one adventure.  Seems to me whenever I've fallen fully on His grace through this adventure, He totally amazes me and throws something unexpected my way.  But like I told my husband this morning, even if He doesn't do that with this, me trusting and resting on Him is way better than the alternative.

Keep pressing on,
Steph

1 comment:

  1. A good reminder! At times I find myself getting all worked up about the future and that leads to discontentment. When I focus on all God has blessed me with and all the things He has worked out so perfectly it is much easier to put things in perspective!!

    ReplyDelete