Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wednesday's household -

There is an Elisabeth Elliot quote that I keep in my binders to remember the words and the thoughts behind it. 

I first read this quote on Time-Warp Wife's blog.  Here's the link to print from her: Elisabeth Elliot's quote.

It says:

This job has been give to me to do.  Therefore, it is a gift.  Therefore, it is a privilege.  Therefore, it is an offering I may make to God.  Therefore, it is to be done gladly, if it is to be done for Him.  Here, not somewhere else, I may learn God's way.  In this job, not in some other, God looks for faithfulness.  - Elisabeth Elliot


How often do I listen to the voices that surround me saying that to work at home is not work at all, but just the lazy way?  How often do I think it would be better and we would have more money if I would work outside the home?  We would be able to eat food that we love and not just the food that we have.  But what's the trade off?  That's what I forget about.  Thankfully, my little sis reminds me often. 

Not that working outside the home is bad, but I have SEVEN kids!  I need to be here right now for them.  And I can't imagine keeping up when I come home from a long day at work. 

I'm glad for this reminder.  Actually, this quote applies to those who work and those who don't.  Those who are privileged to be able to stay home with their kids and those who don't have the option.  Any one of you could apply this quote to your own life.

Keep pressing on,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment