Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday's Household - the beauty of it all

For the first time in about 15 years, things stay the way I put them.  If I clean a room, it stays that way.  It's nice.  It makes me want to do even more.

But the deal is I miss the laughter in the house, the busyness of it all, the "arguing" over the last cup of coffee.

The one thing that is nice, but is very different from homeschooling, is that the kids have much more to tell us.  Someone asked us if we just didn't talk a lot before public school.  We actually did talk a lot, but not with our kids, and them not so much with us.  I didn't have an answer for him, but my husband did.

Here's what he said: "We had so many shared experiences before.  We did everything together, so there was a whole lot of need to re-hash it.  Now everything they do is different from what we are doing, so they want to share with us.  And we love hearing their stories.

Some of the stories are scary, some are shocking, some are good - but my husband and I want to be a safe place to discuss these things, so we listen and talk about the things they face.  I'm so thankful that they do want to talk to us about these things.

Keep pressing on, and keep listening,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment