Pages

Follow by Email

Monday, September 9, 2013

Project Monday - painting the trim around the house


The trim does NOT match.  I was having such a hard time figuring out what would work.  When I opened the can, I could tell that it wasn't what I wanted but I thought maybe it would be fine.  Up close it was fine, but from this view with a the color of the roof in sight - nope definitely not. 

So I went to Wal-Mart and found a pamphlet on exteriors - which I should have done first.  Lo and behold they had our roof color on there, or something similar and about 20-some colors that match.  I can more easily pick out of 20-some colors than I can out of their wall of different colors and shades. 

Carpenter and I found the right color.  So now, I will continue to paint our house this awful combo of colors as a first coat.  I am glad I didn't buy two gallons, but for all the places I need to paint, I think one gallon should do a first coat.   Then we will paint the trim again with the right color.

I just wish that my neighbors would read my blog so that they would know we aren't insane. :)  I'm going to try to make it as quick and painless as possible.   This is the view from the road, so everyone will see it while we finish everything up.

This is what I will be doing this week.  Painting trim whenever babies aren't at my house.

Keep pressing on,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment