Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday - Cooking Together

Here is a note I sent to my church group - (if you are in my church group and didn't get it and want to be a part of it, e-mail me, sorry I missed you) 


Some of us talked on Sunday, but others of you weren’t there.  So instead of my initial request for YOU to e-mail me, I’m sending out an e-mail to everyone I can think of.  If you think of someone who may like to be a part of this please forward this to them.  Kelli, would you forward it to Shayna if you know her address?  Otherwise, I’ll get it from her on FB.

 

This is the note I passed out at the picnic explaining what we’re doing.

 

MC900233439[1]Let’s get together and do some cooking!!!!   Now that we are into another school year, wouldn’t it be nice to have some things in the freezer so that you can just pull it out and throw it in the oven or crockpot?  There will be crockpot meals, and oven meals, and even marinated meats for the grill.  We won’t be doing sides or desserts, but at least this will jumpstart our menu for the month.  You’ll go home with 30 meals and recipes for each one.  And a list to put on your fridge so you know what you have in the freezer, if you don’t forget to cross things off. J 

 

Please talk with Steph or Dominique if you would like to be a part of our group.  We will be compiling receipts and split the money between us. 

 

We are planning on starting around 8 or 9 on Saturday, September 28, 2013.  Please e-mail Steph if you want to participate.

 

So if you want to be a part of this (or if you want to come along for the fellowship without the expense) please e-mail me soon, so I can make the shopping list.

 

Below is a list of meals, please let me know if you want a half or a double of the recipes.  All will be 9x13 otherwise.  Also please pick out which you want to do.  If you can’t do 30, that’s fine, just give me the number you can do.  If you do 30 recipes, your cost will be $200 or under (for one 9x13).  It does depend on which recipes you pick.   My total for the 1st thirty recipes came to $180, but I’m giving us a bit of lee-way for some mis-calculations.

 

1.       Wild Rice Chicken Dinner - $4.50
2.       Chicken Stuffing Casserole - $7.00
3.       Chicken Potpies - $12.00
4.       Chicken Manicotti - $7.00
5.       Chicken Broccoli Bake - $4.00
6.       **Chicken Curry - $3.00
7.       **BBQ Chicken - $2.50
8.       **Sweet Asian Chicken – $2.50
9.       **Teriyaki Chicken - $5.50
10.   Party Enchiladas - $8.00
11.   **Chicken Parmigiana - $4.50
12.   **Cashew Chicken Stirfry - $3.00
13.   **Chicken A La King - $2.50
14.   **BBQ Meatballs - $6.50
15.   Easy Lasagne - $11.00
16.   Hamburger Corn Bake - $6.00
17.   Spaghetti Pie - $8.00
18.   Spaghetti Ham Bake - $6.00
19.   3-Cheese Lasagne - $7.00
20.   Hamburger Goulash - $7.00
21.   Beef and Bean Burritos - $5.00
22.   Spanish Rice - $4.00
23.   Chili - $6.00
24.   Beef Fajitas - $12.00
25.   **BBQ Pork Chops - $6.50
26.   **Carribean Pork Tenderloin - $4.00
27.   Raging Garlic Stir-fry - $4.50
28.   Mustard-Oregano Pork Chops - $7.50
29.   Beef-Barley Soup – $8.50
30.   Loaded Potato Soup - $6.00
31.   Pizza Rice Casserole - $9.00
32.   Sloppy Joes - $3.00
33.   Scalloped Potatoes & Ham - $5.00
34.   Chicken Supreme - $3.00
35.   Chicken on Sunday - $8.00
36.   Chicken Divan - $8.00
37.   Parmesan Chicken - $6.00
38.   Chicken Noodle Soup - $5.00

 

** Needs a side, such as potatoes, or rice, so add about $2.00 for the total cost of the meal.  You won’t be counting this cost for the cooking day, because you’ll be making the sides later.

 

A couple of sides that we can freeze are

Twice-Baked Ranch Potatoes - $4.00

Freezer Mashed Potatoes - $6.00

Please let me know by Wednesday which recipes you want to do, and when you do that I’ll know that you want to participate.  If you don’t want to participate, you just don’t need to e-mail me back.    You would still be welcome to join us for some fellowship on Saturday though. J

Steph

Have you ever tried something like this?  I haven't but I thought it would be fun to get together and cook.  I honestly don't need meals in the freezer, because I'm home to cook, but others do and it's a lot more fun to do them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment