Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday's Household - Time stealer

I have something in my house that steals my time.  In some ways it's a necessary tool, I use it for a lot of different things.  I use it every day.  But once I start using the tool, I find ways to play with it.  It's an area where I have trouble with discipline.  It's an escape of sorts.   I'm tired, so I spend even more time with this tool.

What I don't realize is, that if I would get up and move, I would feel more energized.  And at the end of the day, less discouraged.

You probably know that the tool is my computer.  I enjoy blogging and connecting with friends on facebook and in general, using it to encourage and be encouraged.

So now, I need to find a way to challenge myself not to be sucked into the trap.  Not even sure how that will be, and I almost feel defeated before I even start. 

One good thing is that family will be here, this next week.  So I'll finish writing my posts for the week, and then just not even open it, except for a quick check in the evening. 

These are boundaries that I have set and abided by in the past.  So boundaries seem to work for me as long as I don't overstep them.   Maybe the computer isn't your addiction, but it would surprise me if you don't have any.  We all struggle with things.  I encourage you to find a way to use your tools for the glory of God and not be trapped by them.

Keep pressing on,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment