Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cooking Tuesday - a salsa recipe that my husband likes

7 cups of tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
2 cups of cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
2 cups of hot peppers (I don't know what they were!), peeled, seeded and diced
1 cup of onion
1 T of cilantro
3 T of minced garlic
1 t of marjoram
1 t salt
1/2 cup cider vinegar
2 T lime juice

Combine all ingredients.  Bring to a boil.  Ladle the hot mixture into jars, leave 1/4 inch headspace
Place rings and lids on jars.  Process 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. 

I don't have a boiling-water canner, so I thought that I would check to see if there is a way to do this with a pressure cooker.  And I found something on pinterest.  Of course, I found something.   I love Pinterest for this.  Side note: I rarely ever visit Pinterest, except when I have a situation like this. So it's not an addiction for me.

While peeling, seeding and chopping, put enough water in your pressure cooker to cover the jars by one inch.  Not sure how to figure that out without full jars, because I was already finished filling jars when I got to this point. 

Pre-heat the water, while you are working on your salsa.  Then, using tongs, place the finished jars in the water. 

Place the lid of the pressure cooker on the pan, but do not lock it and leave the vent open.  When the pressure cooker starts hissing, start timing for 15 minutes.

Keep pressing on,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment