Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesdays are my new favorite!

If you've read my post called "Fridays are my favorite!" you may be wondering what changed.  And things have changed.  My husband and oldest son, Sharpie, are working together to clear a pasture.  The rest of us will be helping on Saturday, but Wednesdays it's the two of them.

How does that make Wednesday good?  Well, they don't leave until first light, which currently is a bit later than when Hubby leaves for work (6:30 am) and I woke up on time to make granola for my baby who turns four, so I have a little bit of time to sit and blog. 

It's quiet in the house except for my diligent one who woke up early to ensure that baby brother got granola on his birthday, and his older brother who went to bed at 8:00 because he didn't want to do his schoolwork.  They're playing a game so it's somewhat quiet.  I love getting up and not rushing around.  The early hours are nice.

GRANOLA:
As a rule, we don't eat cold cereal in this house.  In our family, it takes about two boxes of cereal per meal.  Can you say EXPENSIVE?????  Plus milk and whatever else we're having it is a lot of money.  So we usually only have hot breakfasts which are not so expensive.  Cold cereal with milk would run our family at least 10 dollars a meal.  Eggs and toast - about 3 or 4 dollars.  Quite a difference.  Our budget requires 10 dollars for the whole day.  So while granola is cheaper than cold cereal, it's not the norm for us either.  Oats is about 2 dollars, with syrup - 50 cents, peanuts $1.50 and raisins $1.50, so we're up to $5.50 and usually I can make it work to last 2 meals.  I could doctor it up with more stuff, but that runs the cost up, so that usually depends on if I think we can do extras and pinch somewhere else.

My men:
Sharpie is definitely growing up.  He'll be 14 in a couple of months.  I only do four-day weeks for school so he has one day where he's usually babysitting at home during the Bible study I attend.  I take the little ones that we care for during the week and he watches one or two of our own.  The other older ones have piano that day.  So when this job opp came up for my hubby, we thought that Sharpie should go along.  It's good for him to be out there alone with his dad because he's not super brave, and so will let his younger brothers brave the machinery for him.  I'm so thankful for this opportunity for him to work with his dad and start maturing into manhood.  He won't always like it, but it will be good for him.

My baby:
My baby turns four today.  So now our family is at the easiest stage of counting years for the next two months.  It goes 13,12,11,8,7,5,4.  All the other times of the year I have to stop and think because they're out of sync. :)  Tractorman is a great kid and we are so thankful for him.  He makes all of us laugh and some of us think.  (Read earlier posts. )  Thank you, God, for my little boy.

Ps 16:6 The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment