Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My weekend

I thought I'd share how God has been working in my heart through the weekend. 

This weekend, my husband and I, took the youth group to Dare2Share.  A wonderful lady came to stay with our younger 5 and the kids love her.  It's almost like having Grandma come over.  All of her grandchildren live in different states or countries, so she seems to enjoy being with them as well.

As we've been preparing for Dare2Share, I have not been as excited as I should have.  For me, it's because I know I need to share what I believe, but I don't like doing it, unless I know the other person wants to know. 

John 6:68 "Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the words of eternal life." 

If there was a fire in a building, I would be telling people.  If there was a lion in the streets, I would warn whoever would listen.  Why when I know the One who has the words of eternal life, why am I afraid to tell people?  What am I afraid of?

We're studying Jeremiah in Sunday School.  I think I need to hear these words as well. Jeremiah 1:17 (the Lord is speaking to Jeremiah) "Now, gird up your loins and arise, and speak to them all which I command you.  Do not be dismayed before them, or I will dismay you before them."

As we were practicing out at a middle school near the conference, the kids came up and told me.  "This is too hard, I just want to go back to my school and tell my friends.  That will be easier."  I asked them, "Will it?  Will it be easier for you to experience rejection from someone you see every day?  or is it easier to tell a stranger, because if they reject you, you won't feel the sting of it for very long."  I told them that if they choose this journey of sharing their faith, it will break their hearts.  It will be painful, but soooo worth it.  It will cause growth in them that will be more than they can comprehend.  It's worth it. 

As Greg Stier says, "Awkward is awesome!"  but really, is it?  Not to me.  I don't want to do it.  The thing is, I think I need to get over that first hump.  That first time.  If I do it once then it will be easier the next time. 

Lord, break my heart.  Help me see this world through your eyes.  Help me to see that they are lost and headed for an eternity without Christ and that eternity is terrible.  Give me wisdom and the words to say.  Help me to share You with others.  May I be your willing servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment