Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

A new thing

I'm trying something new. I was looking on Pinterest the other day and found something under an organization heading ( I love organizing). It was about organizing your weight loss. Hmm. Never thought of it like that. So it peaked my interest. Our budget does not allow for Weight Watchers or spending any money on losing weight, just spending less because I don't eat as much. :) She mentioned a site called, "Lose It!". It's free. So I thought I would check it out.

Now, I don't have a lot to lose. But I do have that stuff left over from the last baby, and I would like to get rid of it. I think it's about time now that he's had his fourth birthday. :) So my goal is 20 pounds. On this site, you tell them your current weight, goal weight and then log what exercises you do and what foods you ate. It's quite nice. I'm impressed, but this is my first experience at all with websites like this, so maybe it's not so impressive. The most impressive thing for me was FREE!

Because I know what supper is, I've already plugged that in, so I know what I can do for a snack. I know how I'll limit myself with that, so that I don't go over as well, and if, perchance, there are some extra calories allowed, oh well. My main goal is not to go over. Also because exercising factors in, I can do extra jumping jacks or whatever to help.

The other thing I did yesterday was I organized the games. I'm having a hard time getting rid of as many as I would like. We have some great games, but I think I'm going to have to break down and say if pieces are missing (number will depend on size of game) we'll throw it away. If it's a game we really like, we'll get a new one. So now I have four little baskets/tote things of games puzzles, aside from our school ones and the bigger games. One is for mind games/puzzles - like Perplexus and other things like that. More for the older ones as the younger ones will just view them as toys. Next is my older kids games (ones that the younger ones can't play by themselves) - like Monopoly etc. Then there is the box/crate of games for the little ones - Mastermind Jr, Chutes and ladders (the pieces, the board is stored with the boards) etc. Finally, we have a box/crate full of puzzles, memory etc that a child can play on their own or with another young one. They may only pick one out and must return it before another can be played.

I had a huge dog food bag full of pieces and things to take to the dump after this job. I keep the pet's food bags for putting trash for the dump in. I used to store it in the closet, but nothing would find it's way there until I had armloads of stuff. So now, one bag just sits next to the trash can and I put things in as I find them. And usually, there's another bag to put there when the other is full. BTW the regular trash can is only for items that can be burned, which is why that's separate like that. I try to make a run to the dump once a month, but I think it's been two months now. And the puppies have found the bags I put in the shed, therefore, we must find a different spot.

There you have it. Three organization things in one. I'm kind of excited to start working on more organization in my house again. Seems like I whip it into shape only to put my feet up and watch it crumble. Then after awhile, I get motivated again. Have I told you that I'm not a maintainer? I love to plan and organize, but the maintainenance of it all usually goes downhill pretty fast.

You know what though, I'm going to keep working at it because it's worth it and hopefully this side of glory I'll have it somewhat mastered. I'm going to keep pressing on.
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment