Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Schedules

Today, I'm cleaning house after a very busy weekend. I thought it was only going to be graduation parties, etc. Because my husband and I are youth leaders, we really need to be there for our group of teens, so we were planning on attending the five or more events going on. Then I got called to work. I'm a sub, so I never know what my hours will be unless the person I'm subbing for knows in advance. Suffice it to say, I worked from 1:30 on Sunday afternoon till 5:00 Monday afternoon. This is all new to me because I've only worked at home and helped my husband with his business, being away from the kids for that long was a new experience.

So, as I said, I'm, actually we're, cleaning the house and weeding and trying to finish up those last two subjects in school. For me, a schedule is a neccesity. With the kids, chaos reigns when I just let them do. That means that we need some consistency and organization, but in summer it looks different than during the school year. Today, my schedule looks like this:

8-9 Everyone cleans their room; gum is the reward for being done first; and my four-year old won. He and his little brother share a room, so until I can help him, he works alone. He finished before I got there. I know one hour is a long time, but that helps me not be stressed about not getting done - and not everyone finished, but tomorrow, we'll probably work a half hour in our rooms so it's not a huge deal

9-10 Everyone works on the room they chose to clean downstairs, again this is way longer than we need, but we'll clean a bit deeper today and tomorrow it will be 1/2 hour or less

10-11 Little ones without school watch Sesame Street, while I help the older two study for their health exam, we'll probably work outside, since Sesame Street is a distraction.

11-12 Short reviews of math and language for everyone who is school-age, and making a bigger lunch as my husband is working across the street and it's hot today. He'll need more sustenance to help him get through. Also we'll read from "Little Britches", if we get done early.

12-12:30 Lunch

12:30 - 1 Dishes

1-1:30 Everyone reads (school-age) while I lay down with the pre-schoolers for their nap

1:30-2:30 Gardening, but that will probably need more time

2:30 - 4:30 Outside time; it's beautiful out today so we'll probably keep the house clean by staying outside.

4:30-5:30 I'll get supper ready - sandwiches or salad and give baths if necessary, unless we'll be outside for longer

6:00 I'll get ready to go to quilt guild while my husband and the kids watch a movie or do whatever they decide.

9:30 or so I'll get home and crash, so I can get up and start over again

No comments:

Post a Comment